Daily Current Affairs: March 26, 2018
Dear readers, This post contains important current affairs of 26 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 26 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge.
Fire broke out at shopping complex in Russia’s Kemerovo
• At least 64 people have died in a fire that engulfed a shopping complex in the Siberian coal-mining city of Kemerovo, Russia.
• The cause of the fire is not yet known, however, the authorities have launched an investigation.
• According to the Investigative Committee, four people have been detained for questioning, including the head of the company that manages the shopping centre.
• The fire started on an upper floor of the Winter Cherry complex shopping mall in central Kemerovo.
Mike Hughes blasts himself into the sky on his home-built rocket
• A self-taught rocket scientist Mike Hughes propelled himself about 1,875 feet into the air in a home-made rocket, before a hard landing in the Mojave Desert, North America.
• Hughes believed that the earth is flat and he launched himself to prove the planet’s flatness.
• In order to carry out the launch, the 61-year-old limo driver converted a mobile home into a ramp and modified it to launch from a vertical angle so he wouldn’t fall back to the ground on public land.
• The rocket crashed back down to earth with the nose of the ship breaking in two places, like it was designed to do.
Commerce ministry terminates anti-dumping probe on solar cells
• The Commerce Ministry’s investigation arm Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) terminated its anti-dumping probe on imports of solar cells from China, Taiwan and Malaysia.
• The probe was initiated by the DGAD on July 21, 2017 following complaints of dumping of the product by the association.
• The Indian Solar Manufacturers Association has made a request to terminate the present investigation.
e-Tribes India to be launched by Tribal Affairs Ministry
• The “e-Tribes India” would be launched soon by the Union Tribal Affairs Ministry.
• The Launch of e-Tribes includes www.tribesindia.com, www.trifed.in and Retail Inventory Software and M-commerce app.
• Besides, the occasion will also mark the launch of ‘Tribes India’ Banners at Amazon, Snapdeal, Paytm & GeM.
First International Exhibition of Graphic Prints held in New Delhi
• The first-ever International Print Biennale, an International Exhibition of Graphic Prints was held in New Delhi.
• It was organised by Lalit Kala Akademi.
• The event displayed a total of 200 original prints created by Indian and international artists of impeccable competence.
• Total 988 entries at the national level were received of which 127 were chosen for display.