Exercise Yudh-Abhyas 2019 begins between India and USA
The joint military exercise, Yudh Abhyas 2019, begins on September 5, 2019, at the Joint Base Lewis Macard near Washington between India and USA. This exercise will last until 18 September. It is one of the biggest joint military exercise and defence corporation endeavours between India and the USA. Yudh Abhyas 2019 is the 15th edition of the joint military exercise hosted alternately between the two countries.
• This joint military exercise between India and USA will offer a prospect to the armed forces of both countries to train in an integrated manner at Battalion level with joint planning at Brigade level.
• The joint military exercise will provide multiple scenarios with a view to understand each other’s organisational structure and battle procedures.
• According to the official curtain-raiser of the Government of India, the exercise will result in a higher degree of collaboration that can further facilitate interoperability between the armed forces of both countries to meet any unforeseen contingency across the globe.
• Yudh Abhyas 2019 is also significant because it provides an ideal platform to learn from each other’s expertise and experiences of planning and execution of operations.
Yudh Abhyas 2019
• The armies of India and USA will jointly plan, train and execute a series of well developed operations for neutralization of threats of varied nature.
• Once planning and trainings were done, a joint level exercise will be undertaken by both countries in an operational setting under a UN mandate.
• Apart from this, academic and military discussions will be organized by experts from both sides to share each other’s experiences on varied topics for mutual benefit.