Quiz 2 – Most Important Double Fillersomxadmin
Quiz 2 – Most Important Double Fillers
- What goes into making a marriage can only be__________ by trial and error and couples are best left to __________ out what works.
(a)discovered, translate (b)regulated, find (c) learnt, figure
(d)seen, thrash (e)experienced, judge
- The producer is known to __________ with new stars and fresh talent, and though there have been a few hits and misses, this filmmaker totally __________ for the new breed.
(a)try, demands (b)experiment, vouches (c)sign, goes
(d)produce, promises (e)work, supports
- The Government stated that it had the __________ right to use as much force as was necessary to regain control of areas__________ by terrorists.
(a)free, marked (b)practical, left (c)fundamental, infest
(d)basic, undertaken (e)legitimate, dominated
- Obesity and alcohol __________ together to __________ the risk of liver disease in both men and women.
(a)act, increase (b)result, aggravate (c)taken, arrest
(d)put, heighten (e)mix, lower
- There were screams, chills and thrills __________ at the discotheque the other night as the director along with the producers hosted a party to __________ the success of their latest horror flick. (a)combined, downplay (b)alike, mourn (c)experiences, mark
(d)galore, celebrate (e)risen, generate
- Adding to a growing body of research __________ cutting back on sweetened beverages it is now found that drinking. __________ sugary drinks may help lower blood pressure.
(a)for, all (b)sustaining, increased (c)against, lesser
(d)behind, more (e)supporting, fewer
- The blame game for the air tragedy is at ready in full __________ with the authorities Involved making attempts to __________ for themselves.
(a)sway, defend (b)view, try (c)fledged, protect
(d)swing, cover (e)roll, hide
- The actress, wearing a dark grey suit and open necked shirt sat __________ the proceedings looking nervous throughout, __________occasionally frowning as her lawyer with the judge.
(a)through, argued (b)on, spoke (c)for, addressed
(d)with, discussed (e)along, lectured
- It was an excellent social Evening with people from all __________ of life getting a chance to let their hair __________ .
(a)areas, drop (b)realms, flow (c)arena, undone
(d)walks, down (e)types, loose
- There can be no denying the fact that in sports, star coaches have the __________ to get something extra out of their __________ .
(a)apprehension, work (b)ability, teams (c)fear, member
(d)capability, house (e)desirous, players
Answers: 1-c, 2-b, 3-e, 4-e, 5-d, 6-d, 7-d, 8-a, 9-d, 10-b.