Quiz 6 – Most Important Double Fillersomxadmin
Quiz 6 – Most Important Double Fillers
- Behaving in a __________ and serious way, even in a __________ situation makes people respect you.
(a)calm, difficult (b)steady, angry (c)flamboyant, tricky
(d)cool, astounding (e)silly, sound
- Along with a sharp rise in __________ a recession would eventually result in more men, women and children living in __________ .
(a)crime, apathy (b)fatalities, poor (c)deaths, slums
(d)unemployment, poverty (e)migrations, streets
- The government has __________ to provide financial aid to the ones __________ by severe floods in the city.
(a) desired, troubled (b)promised, havoc (c)failed, affected
(d) wanted, struck (e)decided,
- An airplane with __________ passengers on board made an unscheduled __________ as the airport to which it was heading was covered with thick fog.
(a)irritable, slip (b)faulty, stop (c)variety, halt
(d)tons, wait (e)numerous, landing
5.Deemed universities __________ huge fees, but have not been successful in providing __________ education to our students.
(a)collect, maintaining (b)pay, better (c) ask, good
(d)charge, quality (e)demand, quantitative
- Much of the __________ that cricket has is due to the fact it is a __________ sport.
(a)allure, lucrative (b)criticism, controversial (c)attraction, unpopular
(d)flak, great (e)comments, unusual
- Since foggy weather __________ visibility by several metres, the railways has either partially __________ or diverted some of the trains.
(a) improves, started (b)impairs, called off (c)hampers, withdrawn
(d)decrease, stopped (e)reduces, cancelled
- The once __________ district is gradually being __________ of its green cover.
(a)remote, eroded (b)arid, replenished (c)beautiful, devoid
(d)picturesque, depleted (e)lush, rob
- The pilot knew she would be able to see the __________ lights of the city from her cockpit window, but she would not see the fireworks explode to welcome the new year as she would have __________ to cruising altitude.
(a)few, soared (b)divine, escalate (c)glistening, jumped
(d)picturesque, depleted (e)glittering, climbed
- The New Year has –__________ in good news for city hotels as most properties are __________ for the whole month.
(a)brought, deserted (b)ushered, packed (c)pushed, full
(d)steered, renovating (e)escorted, vacant
Answers: 1-a , 2-d , 3-c , 4-e , 5-d , 6-a , 7-e , 8-d , 9-e , 10-b .